This year’s musical is titled, “Dr. Newheart’s Christmas Cure”. First released in 1991, Dr. Newheart’s Christmas Cure is a Broadway-styled musical with a timeless message and fun, engaging songs that kids will love learning and singing – not to mention some awesome choreography that will get them excited right from the start.
The Message of the Musical: When the kids come to the clinic suffering from the overkill of Christmas, Dr. Newheart diagnoses their malady as the “Christmas Day Dumps.” With the help of the clinic staff – Drs. Fric and Frac, the “Dis”Orderlies, and the Pink Ladies - Mildred, Maude, Ethel and Phoebe, the kids realize they have a heart problem that can only be cured by accepting Jesus into their heart. Through all of the mayhem and humor (and there’s plenty of it!), in the end, even cranky Nurse Philpott sees her need for Jesus, and along with the kids, receives a “new heart” for Christmas.
Important details and dates:
- This musical is for Grades 1-5
- Registration opens online Wednesday, August 14th. (No Registration Fee Required)
- **Mandatory Parent Meeting**: Tuesday, September 3rd, 6:30 – 7:30 pm in Go Port. This will be your only opportunity to pick up your music materials, hear more detailed information on the musical, go over the schedule of rehearsals, understanding the commitment level needed to participate and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Musical Rehearsals: Every Tuesday evening beginning Sept. 10th, 6:00-8:00 pm, A.V. Campus in Go Port.
- Musical Auditions: Saturday, Sept. 28th, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the AV Campus in Suite 1000. **These auditions are for Drama Parts and Vocal Solos.
- Dress Rehearsal: Mandatory Rehearsal - Sunday, December 1st, 3:30-7:30 pm.
- Performance: Monday, December 2nd, 7:00 pm.